Support Starting Artists
You can make a difference by supporting Starting Artists throughout the year.
How to Support SA
- Click the Donate button below to make a secure, online payment via PayPal (account not required).
- Make an In-kind Donation of goods: office supplies, art supplies etc. or services: accounting, marketing etc.
- Shop Starting Artists products at the Pop Up Shop.
- Tell Your Friends about SA or Host a Fundraising Party to benefit SA.
Contact Marisa for more information.
“As a person who wants to give something back, I like coming to SA to help the community, to help kids, to be artistic, and to be a part of something that is really positive.”
Starting Artists Volunteer, Jini teaches photography at the Urban Assembly School of Music & Art. She found out about SA through a Call for Submissions to the Brooklyn Utopias? Teen Art Show. “I was so excited for my students to be a part of the Utopias? show and then I went to the SA website and I thought, this would be great for my daughters!” she explains. Jini’s daughters, Chandani and Jauhara, who are currently home-schooled, attend SA’s free Afterschool Program on a regular basis. So far, Jini has contributed by mentoring students during the Afterschool Program and by creating handmade objects to sell at the first annual Starting Artists Holiday Pop Up Shop.
We could not serve hundreds of starting artists of all ages each year without the support and dedication of our volunteers. Our committed corps of students, young professionals, artists, business people, parents, and educators help by offering their time and energy in the following ways.
- Assist students during the Afterschool Program, which runs Monday – Thursday, 3 – 6pm.
- Host dinner parties and fundraising events to solicit donations on behalf of Starting Artists.
- Help out at special events including street fairs, birthday parties, fundraising events, and gallery openings.
- Apply marketing, fundraising, financial, communications, and programmatic skills in the administrative offices.